Summer Reading 2022: Oceans of Possibilities
Welcome to our Summer Reading Challenge for all ages!
This page will provide you with information and links to our three Summer Reading Challenges (for Kids/Families, Teens, & Adults)
This year, we will be using Beanstack, a web and mobile app that individuals and families can use to track their independent reading time, as well as help every participant feel engaged and motivated to read.
Click here to access our Beanstack Summer Reading portal, where you'll be able to create your own account, as well as multiple accounts for family members.
Log your reading throughout the summer to earn digital raffle tickets. The more you read, the more raffle tickets you'll earn, which means the better chances you'll have to win PRIZES.
Adult readers (18+) are challenged to read FOUR (4) BOOKS by August 31.
Teen readers (13-17) are challenged to read THREE (3) BOOKS by August 31.
Kids (12 & under) are challenged to read for FIVE (5) HOURS (300 minutes) by August 31.
*When kids complete the challenge, they'll receive a pass to a pool party, hosted by our Youth LIbrarians at the Oak Park Municipal Pool
How to sign-up & use BEANSTACK from your Desktop:
1.) Visit https://fadl.beanstack.org
2.) Select REGISTER AN INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY
3.) Next, select NO if this is your first time using Beanstack
4.) select "I AM REGISTERING MYSELF" if you are an individual, or "I AM AN ADULT REGISTREING A CHILD" if you are signing up a family
5.) Fill out your information to create your Beanstack Reader Profile(s)
6.) After you've added yourself as an adult, you'll be directed to a page to select a reading challenge; adult, teen, or kids!
7.) Register for Summer Reading! (If you're an indvidiual, you are done; start reading and logging your books).
8.) Parents/caregivers, after you complete this initial registration, you'll be directed to a screen to add more participants. Complete/repeat the process of registration and selection of a reading challenge for members of your family.
How to sign-up & use the BEANSTACK MOBILE APP:
- Upon opening the app, tap "Let's Go" and then "At my library, school, or bookstore."
- Tap "Find a Site" and enter your partner organization's name in the search box.
- Find and tap the accurate organization name to be taken to their sign-in page. Keep in mind that only participating schools, libraries, or bookstores will appear here. If you do not see your local community organization, tap "Back to Home" and follow the instructions for creating an independent account with Beanstack Go via the "On my own with Beanstack Go" option.
- Tap the "Sign up!" text at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to create your account and add readers. All Beanstack sites collect first name, last name, password, and age, and then specify additional required or optional account and reader information on a case-by-case basis.
Even if you don't complete all the challenge requirements, you'll still earn raffle tickets along the way, which means you still have the chance for a prize!
You will earn a digital badge for each book (teens/adults) or 30-minutes read (kids). So, to complete the challenge in Beanstack, that means adults will need four badges, teens will need three, and kids will need six.
Curious to see what types of prizes are up for grabs? Well, you'll just have to log in and get started! Happy reading!